Planning Supervision Services
Our planning supervision services are set out based on guidance provided to
us by the Association of Planning Supervisors. The following is a schedule of
- To receive information on the project from the Client [Regulations 11(1)
- To assess the notifiability of the Project and advise the Client accordingly
[Regulation 2(4), 3(2), 3(3), 3(4) and 7 (1)].
- To notify the Health and Safety Executive in accordance with Regulation
- To receive any existing Health and Safety File from the Client [Regulation
- To provide advice to the client on the health and safety competence and
resources of proposed designers prior to arrangements being made for design
work to begin [Regulation 8.2 and Regulation 9.2].
- To make available for inspection any Health and Safety File and other information
received from the client to any person who may need information for the purposes
of complying with the Regulations [Regulation 12(1)].
- Ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that the design of any structure
comprised in the project includes among the design considerations adequate
regard to the needs specified in heads (i) to (iii) of Regulation 13 (2) (a)
and includes adequate information as specified in Regulations 13(2) (b) [Regulation
- To take such steps as it is reasonable for a Planning Supervisor to take
to ensure, so far as is reasonable practicable, co-operation between designers
[Regulation 14 (b)].
a) to provide advice to the client on the health and safety competence
and resources of proposed contractors [Regulations 8.3 and Regulation 9.3].
b) to provide advice to the client on the health and safety competence and
resources of the lowest or preferred tendering/negotiating principal contractor
before arrangements are made for the work to be carried out or managed [Regulation
8.3 and Regulation 9.3].
- To provide advice to any contractor on the health and safety competence
and resources of proposed designers prior to arrangements being made for their
design work to begin [Regulations 8.2 and Regulations 9.2].
- To ensure that a (pre-construction phase) Health and Safety plan containing
information specified in Regulation 15 (3) a-f is prepared and, provided to
any contractor before arrangements are made to carry out or manage construction
work [Regulation 15 (1) and (2)].
- To ensure that a Health and Safety File is prepared.
a) to review amend or add to the Health and Safety File prior to delivery
to the Client and deliver one copy of the File to the Client.
b) Prepare a Health and Safety File in accordance with Regulation 14 (d).
- Advise the Client whether or not the principal contractor’s construction
phase Health and Safety Plan is sufficient, in accordance with the Regulations,
for construction work to start.
For more information on Planning Supervision services or to order this
service please e-mail us at email@example.com